[C320-list] Installing Victron Multiplus Inverter/Charger 2000W w Lifeline AGM

RichF RF richfcatalina320 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 11:00:19 PDT 2021

One of the Interstate FLA 4Ds just failed after 5 years, was about ready to
go full chernobyl when I checked the boat over the weekend.  Amazing how
hot the case (starting to melt) and wires around the battery were -
literally arrived just in time to prevent a major disaster.

Done with FLA batteries.

Picked up two Lifeline AGM 4Ds and Lifeline Group 24 AGM start battery.
They fit perfectly in existing battery trays.

Also purchased the Victron Multiplus
Victron MultiPlus Inverter/Charger 12 VDC - 2000W - 80AMP Battery Charger |
Compass Marine (marinehowto.com)
<https://shop.marinehowto.com/products/victron-multiplus-inverter-charger-12-2000-80>

This has a secondary charger specifically made for a start battery.

Digital Panel Multi-Control
Victron Digital Multi-Control | Compass Marine (marinehowto.com)
<https://shop.marinehowto.com/products/victron-digital-multi-control>

Smart Dongle V.E. Bus BlueTooth uses VictronConnect App for phones/tablets
Victron V.E. Bus Smart Dongle | Compass Marine (marinehowto.com)
<https://shop.marinehowto.com/products/victron-ve-bus-smart-dongle>

Plan to get the battery monitor that will monitor both banks and has
bluetooth
Victron BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor | Compass Marine (marinehowto.com)
<https://shop.marinehowto.com/products/victron-bmv-712-smart-battery-monitor>

Just checked and the Multiplus fits where the old charger was located  -
C-Charger 5000 Series 30 AMP.  The Multiplus is much larger and heavier,
will need to sit a bit higher in that location.

Has anyone installed one yet?  Did not see anything in the discussion
groups beyond Victron solar chargers.  The features on this seem
impressive.  Still debating if I take this on or use my trusted electronics
pro.  Seminars that I have watched from Jeff Cote, Marine How to and PKYS
https://shop.pkys.com/Technical-Pages_ep_41.html really have some great
information.

Sorry for all the links but have not seen these systems posted here yet.

RichF  #990