[C320-list] Installing Victron Multiplus Inverter/Charger 2000W w Lifeline AGM

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 11:27:21 PDT 2021

Rich

I didn't go that route, but I think you will be very happy with those
choices.  Your wallet will be a tad lighter, but at least you are spending
it on a boat...as opposed to wasting it on something less important.

It sounds like someone already added a start/reserve battery to your boat
so, this all should be very straight forward.   I can’t think of a reason
to pay someone else to do this job.   Just pay attention to the new total
max amps going through the DC wires from the shore power charger to the
batteries...you may need to upgrade the current carrying capacity of those
wires. (I.e. replace them)

If you follow RC's instructions on how to set up the shunt for the Victron
monitor...you will be fine.   Just be sure to have absolutely no load
between the negative of the house bank and the shunt.

Good luck and post lots of pics in the gallery for the next guy.

Cheers

Troy Dunn
Hull #514