[C320-list] Waste deck fitting leak

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 18:04:41 PDT 2021

 Sara-
I'm guessing that you need to remove the waste pump out hose from the fitting to be able to lift up the fitting at least enough to be able to clean the fitting and deck mating surfaces and apply the tape (or to be able to completely remove the fitting if any deck repair with epoxy is first needed).  If it hasn't been done before based on your hull age, it may also be advisable to replace the waste pump out hose from your tank to the fitting now. And ..... if you are in any doubt about your waste hoses integrity, maybe "do the dirty" and also replace the waste hose from the head into the tank.  I replaced ALL, as well as the smaller diameter water feed hoses in order to try to tackle an odor issue.  The hardest part was getting my hand into position to remove and install the new waste pump out hose end at the bottom of the tank.
Another comment ..... several people have recommended butyl tape.  Be careful and consider if the fitting install screws may rip the tape as you screw them in?  If there is any concern, then 4200 sealant may be better since you can also "butter" the screw threads with 4200 to make sure you get a good seal (and wipe away the excess on top).
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32 ("Mayan Sun")
Holland, MI