[C320-list] Fwd: Screws for internal timber trim

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:53:24 PST 2021

All stainless on Hull #514 as well.   I'm curious where you see seeing
rust.   It sounds like it's on the teak trim around the galley and salon
area?    I could definitely see how a plumbing leak beneath the galley sink
could lead to rust, but elsewhere I'd start to get concerned about other
problems.  A rusty stainless screw is an indication of water intrusion.
The only place I've seen rusty screws on our hull is the thinner screws
that attach the plastic fiddle to the vanity in the head, water penetrates
the caulk on the inside edge of that fiddle and then crevice corrosion does
the rest.   I've replaced those screws and resealed the fiddle to hopefully
protect for the next 20 years.

Troy Dunn
Hull #514