[C320-list] Perkins M30 Oil Change

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 19:17:30 PST 2021

 I have been using NAPA Gold 1348 oil filters for a while now after I had read criticism of Fram filters' quality (although I used them on cars all my life without a problem). I use Shell Rotella® T4 15W-40 heavy duty diesel engine oil.
I pump out of the dipstick hole using a suction oil pump with no problem except that it takes a very small diameter semi-rigid tube to be able to extend down into the oil pan ( and make sure the oil is warm). I did originally pump with a hose out of the "B" access point using a hand pump, but it took forever, since I was using a simple economy hand pump and a soft hose that collapsed under suction.
Dave Hupe1994 C320 (#32)Perkins M30