[C320-list] Coolant in fresh water

Leonard Hooks lehooks at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 13:18:07 PST 2021

While replacing my impeller, had to remove the end cover of the heat exchanger to find the broken pieces.  I drained the fresh water from the heat exchanger one week and retuned the next week with new gaskets.  After removing the cover on the end of the heat exchanger, there was a slow leak of coolant out the bottom of the exchanger.  I was able to catch most of it and put it back in the top.

If I understand how the exchanger works.  There should not be coolant in the fresh water part of the exchanger.

Does this mean I have a leak in my exchanger tubes?

Leonard Hooks
SV Revelation, #856
sag