[C320-list] Bottom Blasting

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 17:52:28 PST 2021

We had our bottom soda blasted the winter after we bought the boat.   We
had no blisters on our 18 year old boat and it had never been barrier
coated.   We decided to add one coat of Interprotect barrier cost and then
hot coat with two layers of micron CSC for the upper Chesapeake.   This
lasted two years without any maintenance, a little touch up this spring and
now after four summers, we need to light sand and put a single coat of CSC
on.   Honestly with the ablatives applied properly, you should always get
this sort of life out of your paint and you shouldn’t really ever need to
soda blast again...theoretically.   Over applying ablative paint is
probably just wasting paint.  Obviously....this doesn’t necessarily apply
in different types of areas/waters and in other usage scenarios.   We are
on the hard 5 months out of the year.

FWIW

Troy Dunn
Hull #514