[C320-list] Bottom Blasting

John Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 13 14:24:00 PST 2021

Bottom paints should not be redone every year ‘Cept  if you’re using VC17 , which works great but very poisonous to the environment ! I had bottom of our boat soda blasted 4 years ago, and applied 2 additional coats of Interprotect 2000. The soda blasting is not very aggressive so the initial barrier coating of IP 2000, applied by the PO was left intact. I use Aqua Guard a water based bottom coat, used extensively in CA.  This system has been on the boat 4 four years and I’ve not touched it.
Applying bottom coat every year just causes the buildup your experiencing for no increase in performance!
JohnM
1999#574

Sent from my iPhone