[C320-list] Erie Canal

ART HARDEN artstree at aol.com
Sun Jul 4 03:50:36 PDT 2021

Tom:

The canal was one of the most pleasurable trips I have taken. We bought a Catalina 28 in Burlington VT and brought it back to Sandusky via the canal. Some pics and the story are on FB at
https://www.facebook.com/SeaQuence-Catalina-285-2070296769776550/

The only concern I ran into was diesel fuel. Check for the locations and plan accordingly. The people along the canal are wonderful and extremely service oriented to boaters. We would  definitely make the trip again.

Going west to east the first lock (20’ +/- ) is COE controlled. The rest are controlled by the NY state. The second one is Lock Port and a double lock (40’, 40’ guess). The rest are generally around 20’ until you get to the end and then it is 3 locks in a short distance.

Enjoy you trip.

Sent from my iPhone
Art Harden
Catalina 320 "Tortuga" E-62