[C320-list] Seacock question / AC Install

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 05:57:19 PDT 2021

Jack

That totally makes sense to me.   There is definitely a lot of boat yoga
involved in this install.  I will say that so far my experiences with
paying to have things done "professionally" have been a mixed bag.   I
guess it boils down to the installer AND their experience with your
particular boat manufacturer/model.   The AC in my boat was originally
installed by Cruisair Annapolis.   I think we can agree in principle that
those guys know their stuff.  And yet…. the AC was installed in the
aforementioned "worst possible location" creating both a safety and
maintenance issue.   Also, the placement of the thru hull is too close to
the exhaust, there was obvious heat damage to the air conditioning hose due
to it being near the exhaust hose. (and arguably from owners like myself
just piling fenders in there on top of everything)    I had to create a
"spreader" to ensure this will not happen again.   Also both the AC wire
and the SMX II control wire were just laying on the bottom of the hull from
the AC to where it goes beneath the galley.    My assumption is that this
was all done in the name of cost to install at a quoted price.   Be sure to
work with your installer and share the knowledge of the guys like Jeff,
Warren, and Bruce that have all done really great ground work here.  Since
you are willing to pay for the install, you will like it done properly.

FWIW

Troy