[C320-list] Through hull for new AC unit

RONALD HODEL ronandgail2 at me.com
Mon Jun 21 09:43:43 PDT 2021

Just a thought! If you’re going to air condition the entire boat you need a dedicated AC unit, obviously and the questions you’re asking I’d be interested in hearing the answers to as well. But if you’re only gonna air condition the sleeping cabin (My wife and I sleep in the stern) I’ve often wondered about using a Zero Breeze Mark 2 unit. They’re expensive but cheaper than a dedicated AC unit and they can be powered by their own battery pack which means you could use it at anchor and charge it during the day with solar. We don’t mind heat during the day but getting to sleep at night, it would be nice to be a little cooler. I’m sure it wouldn’t bring the aft cabin down to freezing if you’re after that but 25 degrees cooler and dehumidified would be nice.  I didn’t hear good reports about the first unit but apparently the Mark 2 is an improvement. It’s certainly couldn’t do the whole boat, that’s for sure.

Ron Hodel
Lokomaikai #1070

Sent from my iPhone