[C320-list] Quiet 12v fan?

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 22 06:23:26 PDT 2021

Hi Scott:

About three years ago, I bought a couple of 12-volt, no-name rv/RV fans off Amazon for about $12 each. They’re still running, pretty quiet and move a lot of air.

I just looked on Amazon and could not find an exact match, although some looked similar. It may be worth investing a couple of dollars to see whether they suit your needs before you buy a $120 fan from West Marine. These fans are much better than anything from a boat store, in my opinion.

Make sure you buy plastic fans and not metal ones. The metal ones will rust quickly on a boat.

Another option is to use 12-volt computer fans, although they don’t move as much air as my Amazon cheapos. Sailors sometimes use them to run constantly to keep the cabin fresh.

I use Velcro to attach the fans so I can move them around to different spots.

Jack Brennan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10