[C320-list] Port Window Advice Requested

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 15:23:31 PDT 2021

 Mine were leaking only because the dog latch o-rings were dried out.  The o-rings  (on the outside part of the latch) are very small and I found inexpensive matching ones locally that I installed with teflon grease (which resolved the leak issue). Or, you can buy a kit from Catalina Direct with o-rings and grease. I have since pulled these latches apart annually to clean and regrease or replace the o-rings.
The latches are held together by one screw located inside the boat under a cap in the center of the handle.  It can be tough to remove the cap.  After my experience, I suggest drilling a small hole in the center of each cap and threading a small wood screw into it to grab and pull the cap off.  I left these caps off permanently. Aklso, make sure to spread a light coat of grease on the surfaces of the latch that may touch the acrylic lens (to make opening easier and prevent scoring of the lens).
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32)
Holland, MI