[C320-list] Port Window Advice Requested

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:28:19 PDT 2021

When I bought my 320 5 years ago, I went down the rabbit hole of chasing
leaks from many of my opening port lights.  First started with replacing
the O ring in the dog ears.  Still leaked.  Then replaced the gaskets on
all (super annoying job due to factory silicon adhesive), still leaked.
Wasn't until I read about the G gasket (in the seam of the aluminum frame,
viewable external, on the horizontal split), until I realized mine were
rotten on almost all port lights.  Was a relative easy fix with Dow 795,
and carefully taping off the seam.  No more leaks.  Just mentioning that
new lens alone might not stop your leak.