[C320-list] Instrument replacement

Frank Yaskin frankya at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 09:15:46 PDT 2021

Crosby Roper
Mar 18 (19 hours ago)

>>>I currently have Raymarine instruments with a C80 chart plotter and ST60 depth/speed/wind instruments. The RS120 external GPS that feeds the chart plotter has given up the ghost. I've attempted to find a compatible GPS unit (NMEA0183) but have had no luck. Raymarine says that there new chartplotters with internal GPS will not work with the analog radar system I currently have, so I'm a bit stuck. Has anyone upgraded their electronics recently and if so with what system? Does anyone have an old RS 120 or 125 external GPS lurking in their garage that they would be willing to part with? Thanks all.

Crosby  Roper VMD
s/v Tethys
Hull 1504, San Diego CA

Digital Yacht ( https://digitalyachtamerica.com/) has a external GPS unit ( NMEA0183) and a NMEA to SeaTalk converter, if desired,  for a very reasonable price. The unit was intended to be a replacement for the Raymarine units.

https://digitalyachtamerica.com/product-category/gps/

Frank Yaskin
Blue Canute
C-320 #380