[C320-list] Question on MMSI Numbers

Tom Grass tgrass462 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:59:05 PDT 2021

This is my (lately) daily request for information from the forum.  When we
purchased Bucket List in 2017 - it already had an MMSI number assigned to
it - from the previous owner - we asked the PO to transfer the number to
us.

My question is - this number was obtained thru Boat US - as such it cannot
be used outside the US ... is it possible to have the MMSI number
re-registered to the FCC so it could be used in Canada and the Bahamas?  If
not - is the only alternative to take out a new number (or just not use DSC
when out of the US?)

Thanks all!

Tom Grass
Bucket List # 1135