[C320-list] Question on MMSI Numbers

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 14:04:49 PDT 2021

 You must obtain a new number (it will end in zero) and reprogram your radio as per this Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) | BoatUS

|  |  |

|  |
Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI)

MMSI is a nine-digit number assigned to a marine radio & transfers your registration information to the U.S. Coa...

I think it costs $160 to do this when I looked into it last year to obtain my number.
Are you sure the previous owner transferred the MMSI to you?  The BoatUS instructions say that you should have received an email with instructions on how to claim/transfer the number (should involve changing to your name and boat info).
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32)