[C320-list] Port light replacement

Bruce Hunter swampcreek42 at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 09:10:28 PDT 2021

I have 2 in and 2 to go. I'm using bed-it butyl tape. Butyl is what was in the factory ones on our 2000 and they never leaked, don't know if it was actually Bed-it or not. Be careful with the hardware. I started out with M5 x 30mm on the top and once the tape (2 layers) compressed i replaced the M5 x 30s with the M5 x 25s that came with the portlights the bottom holes I just used the old M5 x 30s. Keep checking with a depth gage to make sure your bolts don't bottom out in the brackets. Its really easy.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 10:33 AM, Rene<rthruston88 at gmail.com> wrote:   Does anyone have any recommendations for a sealant to replace the port lights?
Thanks,
Rene'