[C320-list] Water heater replacement

Jamie Pett JPett at jp2architects.com
Tue May 11 16:09:40 PDT 2021

Hi list - hope everyone is well.  So I am tackling a replacement of my hot water heater on Bella Luna and wonder if anyone can provide a bit of guidance. Ordered a replacement unit -same Seaward 6 ga.  that is currently in the boat.

Pulled galley cabinet unit, tied hot and cold water lines together as a temp.bypass, and disconnected power.

So original Seaward 6 ga.unit largely disconnected but did not yet pull the heat exchanger lines off.  Current question - anticipating when I pull those the coolant from the engine will drain out ? Bigger question is after getting the new unit connected, how do I purge the air out of the coolant loop ?

Oh, and any suggestions on how to get the rear mounting bracket re-fastened?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Jamie Pett
Bella Luna
C-320 # 614