[C320-list] Water heater replacement

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 05:40:20 PDT 2021

Jamie,

I did this a couple years ago.

Good on the bypass. But I disconnected the end of one hose from the engine
and allowed fluid to drain into a pan. Then I took off the other hose from
the engine. Putting a plastic bag over one end and punching a hole in the
bag I blew out any fluid remaining.

Obviously , there are some plumbing and other stuff that needs to be
removed such as electrical.

There should be enough hose between the engine and heater that when you
start to pull it out and you can disconnect hoses from heater.

Getting the old heater out is somewhat cumbersome with lifting and twisting
but not a huge deal. Same for putting the new one in.

While the heater was out I replaced the hoses from the engine to heater as
they were over 21 years old. This was not a big problem as the cubby below
the oven can be removed to give hand access to the hoses to direct them
from A to B.

Hope this helps.

John Meyers
Wind Chime #406