[C320-list] hatch replacement

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Thu May 20 07:27:55 PDT 2021

Hi Bill,
Generally I feel that if the balsa core has gotten wet and been that way for any period of time the it probably needs to go.  Just too likely for rot. I would dig out the balsa core until you get to good solid material.  Then wet the whole area out with epoxy after cleaning up with acetone.   Before the epoxy cures I would then fill the cavity with thickened epoxy making sure there are no voids and no exposed balswood.
Bruce
Somerset, San Pedro CA