[C320-list] Water leak onto failed fridge compressor - not what you might expect

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 13:21:44 PDT 2021

 I found a definite leak in the seal (very poor condition since original) under the "pan" that holds my propane tank when I discovered water dripping onto my frig compressor.  The pan was held in place by only 4 screws around the rim and I only had to first remove the water drain hose from the bottom of the pan to be able to then pull the pan up/out, clean the contact area, and seal it back in place.   I did not have to remove the propane hoses from the pan to accomplish the repair. No leaks since!
However, I agree about the drain vent being bad.  Moreover, the routing of the hose and the bend upward into the thru hull don't promote good drainage.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32)