[C320-list] Water leak onto failed fridge compressor - not what you might expect

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Thu May 20 18:35:05 PDT 2021

Hi Doug,
Like so many things with boats there are just a long series of tradeoffs
with often no 100% solutions.   While we currently live and sail our 320 in
Southern California that screen is certainly not needed.  However, having
learned to sail in the Chesapeake I remember how mud daubers (SP?) hornets
(?) would build their mud nest anywhere they could find a dry spot.  A
frequent found dry spot would be inside a hose and my guess is that is why
they put the screen on the vent for the holding tank and for the drain for
the propane tank.
Bummer that you lost a cold unit!
Bruce
Somerset San Pedro, CA