[C320-list] Hoisting Main and Jib

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 12:56:56 PDT 2021

Make sure you have the mainsheet fairly loose, otherwise the boom is putting pressure on the head of the sail as you try to hoist it.  Also make sure the boom vang is loose.
Dave Hype1994 C320 (#32)

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 2:10 PM, Ken McCrimmon<kenmccrimmon at hotmail.com> wrote:   Hi
My brother and I were putting the main and jib sails on yesterday for the first time.  After a little trial and error, we got it working right, we hope.

Both main and jib are self-furling.  My brother and I have no experience putting sails up for the first time with self-furling.

One thing we could not figure out is why it got so hard to raise the sail when reaching the top.  I am not a small guy and I had to really heave on the halyard to get them up.

Is that normal with self-furling, the more sail you put in the hard it gets.  Or should I be looking for another problem

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Ken