[C320-list] Hoisting Main and Jib

Ken McCrimmon kenmccrimmon at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 11:10:50 PDT 2021

Hi
My brother and I were putting the main and jib sails on yesterday for the first time.  After a little trial and error, we got it working right, we hope.

Both main and jib are self-furling.  My brother and I have no experience putting sails up for the first time with self-furling.

One thing we could not figure out is why it got so hard to raise the sail when reaching the top.  I am not a small guy and I had to really heave on the halyard to get them up.

Is that normal with self-furling, the more sail you put in the hard it gets.  Or should I be looking for another problem

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Ken