[C320-list] Red Reverse Polarity light on panel

Ade Bateman ade.bateman at outlook.com
Sun Nov 14 10:44:49 PST 2021

I'm not sure why the red light didn't come on immediately, but this light is intended to signal that the live and neutral wires coming into the shore power connector are the wrong way around (which could indicate here that the electrician wired them backwards). This can be especially dangerous because it can make parts of the system live that would otherwise be disconnected by a switch in the live wire. It can also create dangerous conditions depending upon how the ground and earth are wired. I've seen various posts here indicating that different 320's are wired differently in this respect so I wouldn't assume any particular configuration. This can result in some metal items onboard being connected to the live wire.

In short, disconnecting immediately is the right thing to do (not just turning off the power) and next you need an electrician to diagnose the issue.