[C320-list] Asym with ChuteSCOOP/ATN Tacker

Mark Calisti mjcalisti at msn.com
Sun Oct 10 07:09:09 PDT 2021

I’m looking to add an asym, ATN Tacker, and a sock. There is usually just two of us on board, so I’m not comfortable getting a spinnaker. An asym and sock seems to be a good shorthanded solution for sailing deeper angles in lighter winds and without a pole. This will be our first downwind sail and searching out a more general purpose asym to sail around 130 to 165 TWA. Anyone using an asym with a ChuteSCOOP (and perhaps also the ATN Tacker) and have rigging suggestions and any general tips about the entire arrangement? Also, apparently the ATN sleeve is a bit bulkier than the ChuteSCOOP, so leaning towards this particular sock.

Thank you,
Mark Calisti
Wayward, 749
Solomons, MD