[C320-list] Asym with ChuteSCOOP/ATN Tacker

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 13:44:22 PDT 2021

Mark,
We had one and sold it.

Pro - The ChuteScoop works just fine, we mounted the tack to the bail on the anchor roller without issue. Used Garhauer snap shackles for the tack and the turning blocks which we secured to the aft cleats with loops. I could easily single hand the sail ( you only need 5/16” sheets). If you do a lot of day sailing in light air, it is a great sail.

Con - It takes up a lot of room in the cockpit locker, it does not do well straight down wind. Tacking/gybing it is a bit tricky solo. Since most of our sailing is cruising, we left it home most of the time in order to use the cockpit space for provisions, kayak etc. so, in the end we didn’t use it very much at all and sold it.

Thanks,
Chris Burti
Commitment #867
Farmville, NC