[C320-list] Forward hatch leak

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 13:30:45 PDT 2021

Scott, I'm about to undertake this exact repair, as I believe mine is
leaking in the same spot.  Any hints on the job, or particular troubles you
encountered? Do you recommend separating the lens part of the hatch (top
part) from the deck part (bottom frame) by disconnecting the hinges before
removing the hatch? I ask because on my salon hatch when I had to remove
the top part to replace the lens, the hinge fasteners has seized bad
causing me headaches.  Any problems in getting the hatch to unseat from the
deck, do you recommend tapping with wooden angle shivs to loosen, etc?  I
was just going to rebed with butyl tape, would that suffice over bromar
hatch tape?

Thanks!
-Christian