[C320-list] Winterization Plumbing on my C320

Joe M smith.blazer.72 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 06:08:39 PDT 2021

The rv a/f actually has corrosion inhibitor in it.

I wouldn’t dream of winterizing my engine without running it through the
raw water side of the cooling system, exhaust & muffler. It can be
difficult to get all the water out just by draining seacocks. You never
know if you have a crud trap out of reach of just shoving a piece of wire
in it.

When everything is done, I then run both bilge pumps to pickle that system
all the way out.

35 years and counting for every boat I ever owned. I have met so many
people that had freezing/bursting/cracks from not pickling their boats.
Lots of work and lots of money.

Whatever works for us either way, as long as all the water is out.

Joe. 2002 C320 #902