[C320-list] Cruising / sailing magazines

RONALD HODEL ronandgail2 at me.com
Sat Oct 30 06:25:10 PDT 2021

For many many years Catalina NEVER advertised anywhere. (We’ve had Catalinas since 1971 - bought our 1st one - a 22 - when Butler was turning out 2 boats a week ) They didn’t need to advertise. Us happy Catalina owners marketed their boats proudly. Times changed and every once in a while you might see a Catalina ad but not often. I’ll proudly show off my 320 to anyone and Catalina doesn’t even need to pay me. And when it comes to materials, we dropped our rudder to get a tiny wobble out of it (more a bother to me than anything else) and the boat yard manager, commenting on the ever so slight pitting in the rudder shaft said, unsolicitedly, you’re lucky its not one of those boats (as he nodded toward a ‘French’ boat). “They don’t use nearly as high quality material as Catalina.”

Ron Hodel
#1070 Lokomaikai

Sent from my iPad