[C320-list] water lift mufflerl

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 18:24:46 PDT 2021

I was convinced mine would leak and  would need to replace when I bought our boat in 2017, since someone obviously had done some repair with epoxy/fiberglass, but I have had no leaks. Guidance at Catalina Direct, where you can buy a replacement , says don't try to repair, but you could try to remove, clean very well around the base and try to fiberglass.
Is your bilge pump working, or just not able to keep up with how much was leaking?

Dave Hupe1994 C320 #32

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 9:12 PM, Louis Spitz<aronella at gmail.com> wrote:   I panicked when I saw water above the floorboards.Turns out after all the panicking, checking thru hulls, etc., that the culprit was the water lift muffler. Water was gushing from around the entire base. With the engine off and all thru hulls closed, the water stopped flooding. Now, how do I fix this thing? Any advice appreciated!!
Thanks.
Lou Spitz
#195, 1995 C320