[C320-list] Outhaul

Mark Seyler mseyler at cox.net
Sun Sep 19 10:20:01 PDT 2021

I’m having trouble trying to pull the outhaul farther out of the end of the boom on my 320.

When taking the main off the boom to prep for Hurricane Ida, my helper apparently pulled on the outhaul at the forward end of the boom, and the outhaul now stops 2 inches from the clew of the (non-furling) main. I can’t get the outhaul to pull out of the boom to meet the clew, presumably because of friction in the multi-part purchase inside the boom.

I have tried using a 4 part block and tackle to get more of a pull on the end of the outhaul, and alternately pulling and releasing the outhaul at the forward end of the boom.  I can’t really see into the boom to see if anything else is blocking the outhaul.

Any suggestions?

Mark Seyler
Sent from my iPhone