[C320-list] Toilet Related

Chuck Mueller katchu at chartermi.net
Tue Aug 9 15:15:43 PDT 2022

I replaced mine years ago, but kept the compact toilet.  I would highly recommend that you replace all the lines while you are in there.
Chuck Mueller
Northwind #676

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 12:51:00 -0700
From: David Wellerstein <dwellers at mac.com>
To: "C320-List at catalina320.com" <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Intermittent list emails - and a NEW TOPIC
	TOILET RELATED!

And now that I have everyone?s attention?. :)

I am planning to replace the toilet on my C320.  The current toilet has a leak in the pump and for an extra $100 I thought I would just replace the whole thing rather than just the pump assembly.  Also, I can now get a standard size bowl vs. a compact sized toilet currently installed.

There seems to be a hose running from the flushing pump outlet tail to the toilet that goes through the back of the head rather than straight across like the one supplied with the new toilet.  Can I just use the new line or should I connect the existing lines that run behind the head wall?  Is there a reason for that configuration that I?m missing?  This is a standard Jabsco marine toilet.

Are there any other gotchas to doing this seemingly simple swap (I know, famous last words?the easiest of jobs always turn into complications of the unexpected variety when it comes to boat maintenance).

Thanks!

David
?Dream Catcher? #118