[C320-list] Stability Index or Angle of Vanishing Stability

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 11:26:46 PST 2022

 Got your post but can't help. Sorry.
Sounds like fun what you plan.
Happy Holidays Jeff !

Dave____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    On Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at 02:19:53 PM EST, Jeff Smith <svsailmates512 at gmail.com> wrote:

 To all,

I am not sure if this will go through, as I no longer receive Association emails. If it does, though, I am interested to know if anyone has ever calculated a stability index (AVS) or had one calculated. I plan to enter Sailmates in the 2024 Newport - Bermuda race. However, the AVS must be at least 115 to qualify technically. I have found an equation and estimated some of the inputs, such as the “Draft of Canoe Body” and the “Total weight”. If anyone has a stability index, AVS, or good measurements for the draft of canoe body and total weight (which I assume is different than the stated displacement), either from Catalina or otherwise, please let me know. FYI - I have emailed Catalina but they currently do not have anything that is helpful, at least for the 1994. I asked about newer C320 boats but at the present time, they are unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
#121, S/V Sailmates