[C320-list] LPS/AVS Update

Jeff Smith svsailmates512 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:54:44 PST 2022

To all,

Sorry for the new email. Because I am not receiving Association emails, I can’t reply.

Jack, I saw your note, but unfortunately the races have a minimum requirement that must be met. Like it or not, a number must be provided/documented. Ultimately I will need to get an inclined test, but I did not want to expend time and effort to make that happen if I could definitively rule the C320 out beforehand.

For those who might be also be considering something similar, the Newport to Bermuda race had three other C320s with a wing keel (similar to my boat) with stability indexes in the 116 range. My own estimate, making a few assumptions about total weight and depth of canoe body, put the index in the 116 range, as well. Unfortunately, I am running into some other issues that I may or may not be able to solve. So, I am simultaneously contacting the Annapolis to Bermuda race to see if they are a bit less regimented. My crew is solid; neither they, nor I, have any concerns about the boat whatsoever. But, that is an argument for a different group.

If anyone is interested or needs this, email me directly and I can send you my spreadsheet that has the formula with my inputs.

Jeff
#121,