[C320-list] Furler issues

Marko Jamnik markojamnik55 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 06:51:32 PST 2022

I'm having an issue with my Schaefer Furler. Two years ago I started having a problem raising my sail. I've noticed that there is a gap between a few of the sail extrusions plus there is a kink between the extrusions so there isn't a straight passage up. The joint bearing seems solid and the rivets are there but there is a wider gap. What happens at stepping, as I raise my fore sail the upper swirl unit gets snagged between the extrusions. Before I look at replacing the rivets. Should I be tightening the turnbuckle attached to the cable at the bottom.
If anyone has experienced  the same issue, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you
Marko Jamnik
Marquesas (304)
Lake Ontario