[C320-list] Deadlight replacement

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 15:18:11 PST 2022

 Larry-
Per my Mainsheet article, I did not use any foam tape.  I think Catalina suggested tabs of it to foster a uniform sealant thickness, rather than any significant length. I doubt it would hold the lens in place (bent slightly to match the hull) while the sealant cured. Also, sealant would not set where the foam was placed.  So, there would be somewhat of a void there.
My approach has held very well since I did my windows in 2017.
I would be happy to send my finalized draft article and photos to your direct email (more complete than was edited for/posted in the Mainsheet) if you would like?
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32)
Hollan, MI