[C320-list] Garhauer Davits Installation Height

RichF RF richfcatalina320 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:51:09 PST 2022

Just received the kit with extended 42 and 45-inch arms on recommendation
from Mark at Garhauer to accommodate the large HB-300 Achilles Dinghy we
use.  Mark stated it's a user preference to install the base plates on the
vertical transom vs the horizontal step on the sugar scoop. I have seen
some of the pictures posted in the owner's section and am wondering, for
those that use davits, if they have any feedback on the height of the
dinghy being an issue when motoring or sailing.  That seems to be the main
concern on where the base mounts are installed.

I'm leaning toward the vertical transom location, but would love to hear
any feedback from anyong that has already done this.  Seems they would be
in the way less on the transom as well.

Thanks,
Rich F. #990