[C320-list] Garhauer Davits Installation Height

RONALD HODEL ronandgail2 at me.com
Wed Feb 23 15:10:40 PST 2022

Here’s what I did. I have no pictures of the dinghy on the davits but so far, its been very successful. It hides the stern light so I’m going to resolve that next. (I use the tricolor at the masthead when sailing at night anyway.) I’ve had these davits for years. I used to have them suspended from the back of the stern pulpit seats but I didn’t like that at all. I was afraid I was going to pop a weld. Mounting them lower and having a 3 point support has made them strong as ever. I also needed to be able to fold them in at the marina so that they didn’t charge me for overhang.

Ron Hodel
1070 Lokomaikai
Dana Point, CA