[C320-list] Maxwell 1000 Windless Tripping Circuit Breaker

Ian Neale kiwineales at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 19:54:53 PST 2022

Thanks everyone.

I think I will start with a full service of the windless and see if that helps. I took a look at all the connections today and they look fine, so it must either be a lack of lubrication or the breaker itself. I haven’t serviced the windless since buying the boat so that could well be the cause.

I do have a 15 kg Rochna on the boat it comes up fine but trips just on the last few meters of chain, making me think the motor is getting hot through a lack of lube.

Your suggestion of an annual service is a good plan, I will add it to the list 👍

Thanks, Ian.

Solutions, 1122.

Sent from. my iPhone