[C320-list] ENGINE FUEL PRIME

sail-ability sail-ability sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Sun May 8 04:50:10 PDT 2022

  I'm having an issue with my 3GM30F 1998 engine on my 320. After
sitting idle for a time the engine refuses to start. The solution, I've
discovered, is to prime the fuel system using the pump on the RACOR fuel
filter. Whilst operating the pump. I can hear a hissing sound of air
escaping from somewhere on the starboard side of the engine. Thus far
I've been unable to discover from where it is coming. I've tightened
fuel fittings and can see no fuel leaks or see any bubbles coming from
fuel fittings. My next attempt is to replace the secondary fuel filter
on the engine, needs doing anyhow.
Thoughts?
John Morrison
1999 #574