[C320-list] bilge alarm and counter?

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Fri May 13 06:07:56 PDT 2022

I am in the process of adding a second (Backup) bilge pump.  I am looking for ideas/experiences for any audible alarm and/or counter people have/like and why.So far I see Aqualarm and Skippers as some of the prime brands.
In a perfect world (money no object) I would want a "different" audible alarm for each pump.  Assuming one pump will come on first then ONLY if that fails would the second one come on.  And a counter to monitor any pumping when gone from boat for a long time.  Also monitoring both pumps from single display for minimal panel footprint.  Also  it would be nice to have it all connect to the house wifi (NOT Cellular- monthly fees)to contact me if it runs while away from slip.
This is all pie-in-the-sky.  Because of the costs I have seen, I will likely go with just an audible alarm so I can hear the bilge running while in the cockpit.  Maybe also a counter. Since the bilge is almost always dry except while motoring I may only go with the audible???  Still chewing on it.
Thoughts out there?

Thanks,

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net C (919)- 819-9794