[C320-list] ENGINE FUEL PRIME

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 08:00:54 PDT 2022

 Ben-
Consider installing new glow plugs. The Perkins Perama M30 engine needs these for cold starting.
I had severe starting problems. I discovered that the glowplugs on my boat were wired to be on constantly during both starting and while the engine ran (rather than just for starting). The previous owners had changed the keyswitch and wired things incorrectly. I corrected the electrical issue, installed new glow plugs and the engine now starts very well.
I submitted an article to Mainsheet magazine about replacing the glow plugs. Let me know if you would like me to send that to you directly?
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32
Holland, MI