[C320-list] Clogged Heat Pump

Joe Geiger joe.geiger at gmail.com
Mon May 23 09:50:32 PDT 2022

I have been busy commissioning Vega to get her ready to sell this season.  We keep her on a mooring and have not used the AC or Heat since the boat was purchased in 2019. While at the dock and connected to shore power I opened the AC/Heat thru-hull and turned on the HVAC system.  It seemed to be working and cool air was blowing from the ducts but I noticed the water was not coming out of the thru-hull on the aft starboard side of the boat.

I did some troubleshooting and found that the strainer was clean and the sea water pump was working.  I took off the hose from the pump to the heat pump and ran the system briefly to verify water was getting into the heat pump.  The blockage seems to be in the heat pump coil itself. I am trying to locate diagram of the heat pump before I go sticking something in there.

 I was wondering if anyone else on the list has had this issue and if so, where was it blocked and how did you clear it?

Joe
—
Joe Geiger
Vega #722