[C320-list] engine box insulation

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Fri Oct 7 16:15:45 PDT 2022

HI All,
I'm interested as well.
The previous owner did a fantastic job installing the foam/lead/reflective
type insulation/sound deadening material and it did a great job until a few
weeks ago.    During my last haul out the shipyard workers had to open up
the back of the engine space and for some reason it has all delaminated and
disintegrated.  I have a horrific mess to clean up and had to be really
careful brining the boat back into the slip to avoid the engine ingesting
some of the disintegrating foam.

My understanding is that some of the newer materials are much more effective
and much thinner and don't involve lead.   I've not done any research on it
yet.

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Heyman
Somerset #671   San Pedro (LA) California