[C320-list] engine box insulation

B. Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Mon Oct 10 16:21:52 PDT 2022

Last year my engine insulation finally deteriorated to the point where it
had to be removed.

I originally installed this insulation about 20 years ago so that is
probably not too bad.

It was the heavy, thick stuff sold by the  marine companies (1/2-3/4"
thick?).

Cleaning up the glue left behind was a mess and, consequently, some still
remains.

The weight of that insulation made the covers very heavy and difficult to
move around.

There are a couple of insulation companies I've been considering that deal
in automotive insulation and sound proofing.

They also offer "marine" products.

I like the automotive insulations because they seem to be thinner but I need
to determine how effective they are compared to the marine insulation

The companies I am familiar with are Hushmat and Dynamat.

Has anyone looked into these or other similar options?  Any experiences?

Bruce Stumpp

Adventure, #647

Frog Mortar Creek, Maryland

Message: 1