[C320-list] engine box insulation

MICHAEL RAUH raceannouncer at verizon.net
Tue Oct 11 16:56:12 PDT 2022

A number of years ago I ordered a Sounddown Noise Reduction Kit from Defender.com. I checked and it is still available.

They sell one kit with1/2-inch thick material and one with 1-inch thick material.  I found it easy to apply the 1/2-inch thick material I ordered.  It is still holding up well.

I also recommend checking around your boat for noise makers, e.g., a pot or a lid stored in the oven when not in use will vibrate on the metal interior when your engine is running.  You may have other items that can rattle when under power.  Put a towel under them or wrap them in something to reduce secondary noises.

Mike
#408  1997
On Your Mark
Sent from my iPhone