[C320-list] Charleston Spar Sheaves

SARA SCHROEDER wanderingstar951 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 22 15:43:44 PST 2023

I  had the same problem with the boom sheaves (boat is 23 yrs old) and the pin was also crooked. We determined that the force of the pull on the sheaves was causing the pin to "ride up." On the port side, the pin actually created a groove in the metal on the inside of the boom end cap such that the pin would never be able to stay down again, even if I put in new sheaves. So, I hired the local riggers to replace the boom end cap, the sheaves and the pin.  SOOOO much better now.  I figure this is "once time fix" for the duration of my ownership!

Sara
Wandering Star
2000/#707
Seattle