[C320-list] Repurposing head thru hull

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Sat Feb 4 17:14:54 PST 2023

> I have two questions (well, maybe three).

> 1) Has anyone else repurposed one of these inlets?

I didn't repurpose the inlet but added a T to the sink drain.

> 2) If I'm going to a washdown pump do I need an antisiphion?

My washdown hose goes to a spigot high up in the anchor
well which has a cap on it when not in use, so I didn't use
an antisiphon.

> 3) how does the two barb thru hull work?!   Why
> doesn't the head suck wind as opposed to lifting water
> through the seacock, is it because the shower sump pump has
> enough resistance to not allow air to flow through the pump?
> Or is there some other reason I can't think of and will a 5
> gpm pump overcome said resistance and function poorly?

 In my case I keep the valve for the toilet feed closed and
put a plug in the sink hole. No problems.  To flush the
washdown pump and hose I can shut the seacock and fill
the sink with fresh water then pump it through.

Cheers,

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141